It Is You I Dream Of

A flower grows from beneath a blanket
 Of fine and purest white
 It reaches toward the sun for warmth,
 For heat and for the light

 My love for you grows stronger still,
 Despite the surrounding cold
 My heart is yours, bartered gone
 For yours has it been sold

 Its petals shine from morning dew
 Its stem grows stiff and strong
 It stands strong through the freezing cold
 It stands the winter long

 I long for you, for your soft touch
 I miss the way you smile
 The longer that we stay apart
 The longer every mile

 The flower stretches through the snow
 It reaches toward the sun
 And now without you the color is gone
 The flower's petals, dun

 But as we talk, and as we learn
 The flower comes back to life
 The snow now melts and goes away
 As you take away my strife

 Spring is here and growth abounds
 As you and I are one
 We are together, we are in love
 The snow for now is done

 I see the future, in dreams I have
 Of our life, long and true
 I see the times where all I need
 Are comforting words from you

 I see the times when winter comes
 As winter tends to do
 But we still love, and we still live
 And I do still love you

 And so we live, with children ours
 And a life of much to see
 With love we live, to live we love
 Happy together are we

 I see the flower, older now,
 But still strong with fresh new leaves
 I see it growing, tall and strong
 Reaching to the eaves

 We are now old, as years have passed
 But old together are we
 And strong our love still today
 As strong as it can be

No comments:

Post a Comment